Tuesday, July 4, 2017

4th of July

Happy 4th of July! It's been almost 3 years since I moved to this country with only 2 bags of stuff and a desire to be something more. I often hear some funny stories about how americans/europeans move to another state with speaking English, citizenship and family backup and how hard it was. No connections, no family, no job offers, not speaking the language properly, no credit history, nothing. I was starting my life from scratch. And through all blood, sweat and tears here I am still struggling. But I am thankful to this country for every little opportunity it gave me to travel, to create, to be myself. There's no turning back.
~
С днем Независимости! Прошло уже почти 3 года, как я переехала в США с двумя сумками вещей и желанием чего-то большего. Часто слышу истории о том, как бедные американцы/европейцы переезжают в другой штат со знанием английского, гражданством и семьей за плечами и как им тяжело. Ни связей, ни предложений по работе, ни семьи, ни нормального знания языка, ничего. Я начинала жизнь с нуля. И спустя все кровь, пот и слезы, я все еще тут пытаюсь кем-то стать. Но я благодарна этой стране, за каждую небольшую возможность путешествовать, творить и просто быть собой. Назад дороги нет.

No comments:

Post a Comment